Any way to remap or use FKeys on BT Kbd?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Chupa Chupa, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I know the answer has been "nope" in the past. Just wondering if anything has changed. I'm using an old Apple Wireless Keyboard and would love to access the FKeys other than the pre-programmed ones for brightness and audio. F3-F6 do nothing. Seems like such a waste of good (F)Keys.

2. Eric5273 macrumors 6502a

I think with iOS11 it would make sense for them to make the F3 key bring up the app changer and the F4 key go to the home screen, thus duplicating their functions from OSX. I guess we will see if that ever happens.

3. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I could not agree more! I've been sending feedback on this for years. It makes so much sense to have F3 and F4 keys bring up the app changer and home screen, especially since the other marked F row keys function as they should. When I first started using my magic keyboard with my iPad I thought the F3/4 keys were broken on mine, haha, since it made no sense that those two wouldn't work when the other ones would. And even now i still often forget and hit them trying to get the iOS equivalents of their mac functions.

Gonna go send feedback now that I've thought of it again...:rolleyes: