Any way to remove YouTube app link?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by PhazonUK, Sep 26, 2010.

1. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

Basically, whenever I click a YouTube link I don't want the YouTube app to open, I want the mobile site to open in safari. Is this possible?

2. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Looks like you can't delete the native YouTube app, but you can bookmark it on the homescreen (+ icon in Safari) to go to the m.youtube.com in Safari.

3. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

If / once you are jailbroken, you can hide icons such as youtube using SBSettings...

4. Evgenyy macrumors regular

What if I don't care whether the app is there or not and I just want any youtube link to go to the m.youtube.com rather than opening the actual youtube app?

I think that was OP's original question and I'd like to know also if this is possible... Just like browser changer but for youtube.

5. PhazonUK thread starter macrumors 6502

^^^ What he said. I just want to go to the mobile youtube site rather than the app opening every time.

6. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

Whenever I clink a YouTube link it goes to their site and not my app. Always been like that for me. I don't use safari though but I can't imagine that being the reason.

7. DisneyRicky macrumors regular

DisneyRicky

What you need is poof from Cydia. That will hide it, and then you can unhide it whenever you want. No respring either, which makes it really convenient! And even while it's poofed, you can still use the app via spotlight.

8. larock macrumors member

Too easy...go into setting, general tab, turn on restrictions and select YouTube. This will remove the icon and when you go to m.youtube.com in safari it uses the mobile website not the app.