Any way to reset iCal in iCloud?

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by rockinrocker, Mar 11, 2012.

1. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

Since iCal did some weird stuff to my calendar when os5 first launched I 'desynced' it some time ago.

Now that 5.1 is out I want to try and sync it again, but the old version of my calendar is still on iCloud.

Anyone know how I can reset it so my correct calendar (on my iPhone and Mac) doesn't get messed with?

Thanks

2. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

Wow. Scary thought ... I would THINK the iCloud calendar would pick up all your changes and keep that as the sync. However, there's no way of knowing that without risking a disaster.

Whenever I make a change in my (iCloud) calendar, it is instantly updated on all my iDevices. iCloud is turned on for calendar.

I have to add, though, the first time I opened my (former) Gmail calendar with iCloud activated - it was blank. I decided since I had to rebuild the calendar, I would do it using the iCloud calendar so there would be no (??) risk of deletion. Haven't had problems since. PITA - but worth the effort.

3. rockinrocker thread starter macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

Somebody over at the Apple forums suggested making a back up, syncing, deleting it all then opening the back up.

But man, that makes me nervous. I would be in a world of hurt of something happened and I lost my whole calendar or something. :eek:

4. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

If your calendar is locally on either your Ios device or mac, then unsync the account, delete the calendar on icloud.com and resync.