Any way to reverse 2/3 finger back/forward

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by joeshaw92, Jul 21, 2011.

1. joeshaw92 macrumors member

Jan 6, 2011
    Hi, I just installed Lion last night and have just about got used to the "natural" scrolling. however, I've gotten TOO used to it now and I keep trying to go the wrong way when navigating back/forward webpages with 3 fingers (moving right to go back and left to go forward).

Is there any way of swapping them round?

Gotta say this natural scrolling is a real shock to the system, dont even get me started on trying to use my blackberry after a stint on my macbook!
  2. TheJing macrumors 6502a

Jun 13, 2011
    Somewhere in Europe
    You do know there is a thing called " System preferences " on your computer, right?
  3. paulsalter macrumors 68000

Aug 10, 2008
    Which option would that be, not seen one for reversing the left/right scrolling?
  4. joeshaw92 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 6, 2011
    Me neither, no need for sarcastic comments when all im asking for is a bit of help
  5. Watabou macrumors 68040

Feb 10, 2008
    United States
    I don't think there's any preferences to reverse those gestures.

BUT, if you use Firefox, there is a way to reverse three finger back and forward gestures.
  6. joeshaw92 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 6, 2011
    Right looks like Ive solved this one myself. To others who want to do the same as me, download better touch tool (Ive been using it for a while, one of the top apps in my opinion)

Assign 3 finger swipe left to 3F swipe right (Page forward) and a 3 finger swipe right to 3F swipe left (page back). Then, go into system preferences and disable the 2/3 finger scrolling between pages so they dont conflict.
  7. Luna C macrumors newbie

Apr 11, 2007
    Thank you! I couldn't understand why I suddenly kept doing the wrong gestures for back and forward today until you pointed out that the default didn't quite match with natural scrolling.

Fixed now :)