Any way to reverse 2/3 finger back/forward

joeshaw92

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Hi, I just installed Lion last night and have just about got used to the "natural" scrolling. however, I've gotten TOO used to it now and I keep trying to go the wrong way when navigating back/forward webpages with 3 fingers (moving right to go back and left to go forward).

Is there any way of swapping them round?

Gotta say this natural scrolling is a real shock to the system, dont even get me started on trying to use my blackberry after a stint on my macbook!

joeshaw92

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Me neither, no need for sarcastic comments when all im asking for is a bit of help

Comment

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I don't think there's any preferences to reverse those gestures.

BUT, if you use Firefox, there is a way to reverse three finger back and forward gestures.

Comment

joeshaw92

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2011
Right looks like Ive solved this one myself. To others who want to do the same as me, download better touch tool (Ive been using it for a while, one of the top apps in my opinion)

Assign 3 finger swipe left to 3F swipe right (Page forward) and a 3 finger swipe right to 3F swipe left (page back). Then, go into system preferences and disable the 2/3 finger scrolling between pages so they dont conflict.

Comment

Luna C

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2007
Thank you! I couldn't understand why I suddenly kept doing the wrong gestures for back and forward today until you pointed out that the default didn't quite match with natural scrolling.

Fixed now :)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.