any way to roll back to v3 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dave12345, Jun 23, 2010.

1. dave12345 macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2008
    hi everyone - ios4 is dog slow on my iphone 3g - is there any way to roll back to v3 ?

cheers :eek:
  2. hatcheeks macrumors member

Jun 7, 2010
  3. saving107 macrumors 603

Oct 14, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    I haven't verified this to know if it does or doesn't work, but here is the link to an article that claims this works.

Step 1) Download iTunes 9.2 version
    Step 2) Plug in the iPhone to PC/Mac
    Step 3) Put the iPhone in DFU mode (MUST BE IN TRUE DFU MODE) Screen should be black but still be showing up in itunes with a warning “iPhone is detected in recovery mode”
    Step 4) Download a legit version of an older ipsw from apple untouched (NOT A HACKED VERSION A LIGET NORMAL FIRMWARE UPDATE like 3.1.2)
    Step 5) Option- click-restore on MAC, or Shift-click-restore on WIN for iPhone and select the Legit Apple firmware 3.1.2 you downloaded in step 4.
    Step 6) Watch how Apple confirms that its legit Firmware your trying to restore to on their servers, (HAHA cause its Legit software from Apple so why wouldn’t they let you DOWN Grade to it) The Firmware then gets applied to your iPhone watch as the progress bar moves across and no error pop up.
    Step 7) Success! You just took your iPhone3Gs from iOS4 to 3.1.2 Firmware!!!
  4. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2008
  5. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2008
    hey - does anyone know a good site to download the old iphone firmware - i've not found any that want to work yet ? ios4 is really horrible on my 3g
  6. amammad macrumors regular

Oct 5, 2005
    You can get them here:

Although I've been trying to restore my 3G to sell to a friend with the 3.1.3 software and it fails with an error (1015 unknown error I think) everytime. Bit annoying. Looks like IOS4 is there to stay. :-(