Any way to rotate an image or video clip in FCE w/o it being a motion keyframe?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jayeskreezy, Jan 15, 2008.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

I have a video and a photo that for some reason since the digital camera was vertical instead of horizontal when capturing it it's showing up that way in FCE. Is there anyway to make the video vertical without it actually making it flip in the video? Instead of it looking like it's rotating on the screen I'd like the video to only show the rotated image/clip. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. -DH macrumors 65816

You can rotate the image in Photoshop or other photo editing software, or just do it in FCE. If you don't keyframe any changes in rotation over its duration, it will start and end in any position you place it. You can make changes in the Viewer window's Motion tab (or in the Canvas window with Image+Wireframe mode turned on) ... but unless you've keyframed another change during the duration, you'll only see the first setting you make.

-DH

3. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

what about video? I know I won't be able to rotate that in PS. Also, I was hoping that the process would be easier than opening PS for an image. Thanks though!

4. bigbossbmb macrumors 68000

bigbossbmb

like DH said, if you just make one keyframe on the rotation setting, the video won't move. it'll just be oriented vertically. i think you're making this more complicated than it is.

you can also rotate video files in QT pro.

5. SELFsponsored macrumors newbie

It's simple.
    Motion Tab in viewer -> Rotate 90 degrees and your done.

No keyframing required.

6. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816