Any way to run two separate Tweetbot app versions at same time?

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by thadoggfather, Jun 28, 2017.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G4

thadoggfather

Im on an older Tweetbot version, because the dark mode tweak I found only supports up to the version Im on

deal breaker, but I still want to dabble in the new version, and having the flexibility of old+dark mode with new+not dark mode sounds intriguing

is there any easy way to do this?

would it be as simple as renaming Tweetbot.app to like Tweetbot_old.app or would I have to remap/rename Library Support and other crap too

any help would be appreciated here!

fwiw- neither are pirated, my older version was from a backup of my drive, and the new one I have deleted and not used for some time because its not working with dark mode

thank you

2. zaxven macrumors member

for most of apps creating a duplicate copy let two different instances run at same time. Should work for tweetbot too. The first method as you have mentioned.. should work fine (twxx_old)

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors G4

thadoggfather

You think library support and other related files would be fine switching between launching tweetbot apps?

4. zaxven macrumors member

forgot to mention earlier..if app is downloaded from mac app store. you won't be able to run another instance of same software at the same time. will encounter "the operation can't be completed because it isn't supported"