Any way to smooth out InvisibleShield?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by avantgardener, Jun 28, 2008.

1. avantgardener macrumors newbie

Just installed an InvisibleShield on my iPhone. Love it. Hardly noticeable and the sensitivity is still there.

But is there any tips on smoothing out the surface from the "stick"? My finger doesn't seem to glide across the screen as well as before. I've been using the black sheath that came with the phone to try and give it a nice polish, but it doesn't seem to help all that much.

Any suggestions?

2. helloadam macrumors member

I don't have one but ordered one. I read some places that that just is the way it feels but over time it'll go away or you get used to it. I think if it bothers you enough then Zagg will accept it back and give you a refund, they seem to be cool with that stuff.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

thats what i heard...

4. avantgardener thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I imagine it'll wear down a little over time. I only applied it a few days ago.

Also, make sure when you try to squeege out any bubbles, to do so lightly. You only need to lightly brush them out. It also takes a few days for it to fully "settle" into place. I had a few tiny specs left after putting it on (I'm pretty paranoid about that), but they actually disappeared after a day or so.

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

i have had the BSE on my phone for several months and you do get used to it.

6. calvy macrumors 65816

This is another reason I ripped the invisible shield off my iPhone. I was skeptical about putting the thing on my phone, but heard so many raving reviews here, and saw the half price deal, so I bit. I had it on for 2 weeks before I got sick of it. You could absolutely tell it was on the phone. Not from far away, but as soon as someone picked it up to use it, they'd say "Did you put something on here?". It had a sort of wavy sheen on the plastic, which gives it away, because it no longer reflects or feels the way glass does. In the end, it was it's collection of pocket lint that drove me nuts and forced me to take it off.

7. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I had one too, couldn't stand the sticky feel. I use the Power Support Crystal film (the ones they sell in the apple store) and love it you cant tell it's there.

8. iFerd macrumors 6502a

This was my experience too. For this very reason I took mine off and returned it under their money back guarantee. They promptly credited my account, no questions asked.

9. avantgardener thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, all things considered, the InvisibleShield is a pretty resilient protector. The "self-healing" PR-speak seemed a little foofy, but I tried scratching a key against it...and you could see the streak disappear.

I've got the phone naked right now with just the Ishield. I think I'll give it a little longer to make the final call.

10. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

+1

i love the bse/is for the back though... tacky enough to not slip in my hand but doesnt snag in my pocket.

11. cynr4eva macrumors member

I've got the full body on preorder, but based on what you guys are saying I'm second guessing it. If I don't like the feel after a couple days I may take the front off and just use the back to keep the plastic back looking good.

12. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm all for non-slip iPhones, and the IS has saved me a number of times. Having two left hands and two left feet, clearly demonstrate that IS was designed and developed with "me" in mind. I had mine installed at MWSF '08 and have been able to utilize the Belkin Acrylic Clear Case at the same time, for watching movies while commuting or attaching my iPhone to the dashboard mount while playing my music or checking maps out while riding shotgun. After about two weeks of the unnatural feel of the IS, I just got over it and accepted that my iPhone was better protected against my abuse and misuse. :cool:

13. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I would highly recommend the PowerSupport Anti-Glare Film. It actually improves upon bare feel on the iPhone and does NOT attract fingerprints! The shield on the back is great though as it sticks in your hand better :)

14. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Kind of weird so many people are trashing on the InvisibleShield in this thread, in most of the others there are nothing but raves about it.

15. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I am an IS supporter.

There is little difference in feel, but the protection and reduction of finger prints is well worth it.

If you don't like to cover your phone, then don't.

16. Ding.Dong macrumors regular

I had the full body InvisiShield. While the front part went on fine without any problems, I was never able the get the back part to go on right. There was still a few of the corners that didn't stick right. I spent several hours trying to put it on and never quite got it right. I eventually took it off.

I still have the front part on really like it. To anyone buying the IS, I would recommend going only with the front shield.

17. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Well IMO if theres anything which needs protection then its the iPhone sides and back. Not the screen which is pretty much scratch resistant. I got the BESTSKINSEVER iPhone body skin. It did a great job of saving my iPhone from any scratches. The also had a front screen cover but I hated the feel so much, I took it off within a day. But I have heard only good things bout the power support screen guard. I`d definitely get that for the new iPhone. Thats whenever I do get a chance to upgrade:eek:

18. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Personally I think that the front part is far less necessary than the back, and in any event is best replaced by the Power Support Crystal Film.