Any way to switch toggles on maximise?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by MarcusCarpenter, Aug 6, 2014.

1. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 16.17.25.png
    Is there anyway to set click my default to maximise the window instead of going fullscreen - without holding "Option".

i think "Option click" would be better for fullscreen mode.

Thanks

2. Simplicated, Aug 6, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2014

Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

None that I'm aware of. They've been pushing fullscreen hard since Lion, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

In fact, in the first Lion announcement, the fullscreen button was integrated into the Zoom button. It was moved to a separate button in the first DP. Kinda interesting they revived a previously-abandoned idea.

3. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Just another way OS X is turning into a Windows clone after years of the switchers whinging about "maximise" button.

4. campyguy macrumors 68040

I used the System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts Preference window dialog.

I added a new shortcut (using the + widget) for All Applications, typing in "Zoom" without the quotes, and used "Control-Z" shortcut. It's one of the first things I do when I set up a user account. Works great - try it, you'll be hooked. Set it and don't forget it. The shortcut becomes a toggle for the Window > Zoom command.

For Office, Zoom is replaced by Zoom Window, and use the same shortcut.

5. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

But Full Screen is not the same as maximize on Windows. I don't get your point.