Any way to sync Exchange contacts back to Mac?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmpage2, Jul 11, 2009.

1. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

I recently connected my iPhone to my companies Exchange server and migrated all of my contacts onto the corporate exchange server.

Around the same time I migrated to a Mac. Is there any way for me to transfer my hundreds of Exchange sync'd contacts back to the Mac contacts application?

Thanks.

2. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

There is. Check out the options in the Address Book app. They have a config section for exchange. This will sync up your Apple Address Book with exchange and works pretty good. In Snow Leopard this funcionality will also be extended to iCal as well.

Good Luck

3. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

That is a useful bit of info, and I did try to set it up, but after putting in my companies web exchange information no contacts come across.

Is there any way to simply dump all of the contacts on the phone's Exchange connection directly into the Mac.

4. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

5. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

At the very least you could export them from Exchange using Outlook as CSV file and import them in to Address Book.

6. jmpage2 thread starter macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Okay, I will give that a shot then.

7. pancetta macrumors newbie

Finally got Contacts from Outlook Exchange into my Contacts on IMAC

I spent a lot of time trying to find this answer, and there was no way to easily export my contacts that I've had on my outlook exchange server over to my new iMac. Syncing the contacts just confused me and I wanted everything on iCloud.

I realized that I could take sections of my contact list on the exchange server (highlighted, forwarded and emailed them to my personal YAHOO email address which is different than my outlook exchange (my work email)). You can only highlight so many at a time so don't try to email the entire list at once. It will forward them as attachments to another email address.
    I did this until all were sent over in separate emails. I then opened up that YAHOO email and I downloaded all attachments.
    I then opened each attachment up from DOWNLOADS and OPEN WITH CONTACTS (which is on the IMAC). It then allows me to add them to contacts (many were duplicates of what I have on my IMAC but I have contacts on iCloud, yahoo, etc. and I was sick of having them all on different servers. I just wanted them all on my iCloud/IMAC. I will also save them by the way somehow so I don't lose them)

So I reviewed my duplicates But I opted for saving BOTH COPIES so that in case some were a bit different. Now I have everything in my contacts on my IMAC. I just have to review the duplicates and edit, delete as needed. I hope this helps. It saved me.