Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidcmc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Since I cannot run Safari on Windows, I'm using Firefox on both the laptop and the iPhone. The main reason is because Firefox synchronizes my browsing history between both devices.

However, I'd like to be able to use Safari on the iPhone and have its history synchronized with Firefox history on the Windows laptop.

I remember that Xmarks had some functionality like this, but that software seems dead.

Is there any way currently to achieve what I'm looking for?

Thanks.

davidcmc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
You just interested in History or bookmarks and things such as saved login ID and passwords?

Just history.

Bookmarks I know they can be synced by iCloud for Windows.
Logins and passwords are handled by LastPass in my case.

I'm just looking for a way to sync history between Firefox in Windows and Safari in iOS.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Don't have an answer unfortunately. Different things for different people - I delete history whenever I close browser which I do all the time I doubt I ever have more that a couple of hours of history at any time. But we all do things differently

Reactions: davidcmc

davidcmc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Don't have an answer unfortunately. Different things for different people - I delete history whenever I close browser which I do all the time I doubt I ever have more that a couple of hours of history at any time. But we all do things differently

It's fine. Thanks for the answer though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.