iPad Any way to turn off app store indication for app updates on jailbroken ipad mini?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Boulware28, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Boulware28 macrumors member

I dont want my app store to automatically show that I have an app to update (in fact I dont want to update these apps at all sometimes).

I am on ios 6 and my ipad mini is jailbroken, is there a tweak that will not allow the app store to automatically check for updates to apps?

Thanks!

2. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

not to hijack this thread :)rolleyes:), but...my app store icon ALWAYS shows 1 update, but there's nothing there (or if there are, say, 2 REAL updates, it shows 3).

anyway to fix that?

3. Boulware28 thread starter macrumors member

Mine does that sometimes as well. I am more worried about it showing up when ios is outta date and I just wanna turn it off now.

4. blakkout, Oct 17, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2013

blakkout macrumors member

If you add 0.0.0.0 su.itunes.apple.com to your host file it should prevent the auto checking. You'd have to remove that entry to manually check updates yourself and I'm not sure if that will cause other things to not work.

That 1 update is for an app you have with an iOS 7 only update. No idea how to fix that as I have 2 myself.

Edit: Adding on, I use Springtomize to disable badges on the App Store, Cydia, etc so I can ignore the neverending reminders I have "updates"

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

As said above, that "invisible" update is iOS 7 only compatible. I think it doesn't show up because of the new feature to install the latest compatible version

6. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

ah, well...will turn it off with springtomize... small price to pay to KEEP ios6 jb'd... (which i prefer to stock ios7)...

7. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

Flex does this as well and uses less system resources.

8. fessura macrumors member