Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gueeds

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 29, 2015
i have a couple of movies that oddly didn’t get upgraded to UHD like others that did when the UHD copies became available: Men in Black 1 and 2, Happy Death Day, probably others I haven’t noticed.

I do not see any way to upgrade these to 4K/HDR even though they are available. I know they are available in 4K/HDR through Cheap Charts. Any ideas on how to get the 4K versions even if I have to somehow rebuy them even though Apple doesn’t let you?

BODYBUILDERPAUL

Suspended
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
Have you tried gifting them to yourself buddy? Also if they are different entries, then you should find the 'buy' option is there in the iTunes store. Have you checked?

If you are still not able to buy, then message iTunes - on 'info' on your film you'll see the purchased date. Go into your account and find the order, click on 'report to Apple' and i'm sure that they'll either be able to let you purchase in 4K or at least they can delete that purchase so that you can start all over again with a 4K version. Also they can check as to why yours hasn't been upgraded to 4K.

roidy

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2008
Nottingham, UK
Any ideas on how to get the 4K versions even if I have to somehow rebuy them even though Apple doesn’t let you?

You can rebuy items. In your iTunes library right click the item and choose "Delete from Library" then select "Hide", now when you go to the store you'll be able to purchase the item again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.