Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidcmc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Is there any way to authorize an Apple Pay payment without having to double press the side button?

From what I've seen, it doesn't matter how you activate the Apple Pay menu (approaching the phone to the CC machine, opening Wallet, Assistive Touch menu shortcut, double pressing an Assistive Touch button that's configured to lock the screen), iOS will always require a double physical press on the side button.

Is there any way to avoid this and authenticate a purchase without pressing the side button?

digitalexplr

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2016
Central Missouri
Is there any way to authorize an Apple Pay payment without having to double press the side button?

From what I've seen, it doesn't matter how you activate the Apple Pay menu (approaching the phone to the CC machine, opening Wallet, Assistive Touch menu shortcut, double pressing an Assistive Touch button that's configured to lock the screen), iOS will always require a double physical press on the side button.

Is there any way to avoid this and authenticate a purchase without pressing the side button?
Don't believe so.

Reactions: davidcmc

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

nope. they need something to validate that you mean to use apple pay and it isn't a butt tap etc.

Reactions: chabig and davidcmc

rmw49

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2011

I love the double tap. No matter what screen you're on when you approach the card reader you just do a double tap, hold it next to the reader and all is done. Takes less than 5 seconds from the double tap to registering the payment. Couldn't be simpler.

Anilu7

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2017
Canada
What about disabled people or seniors who can’t double click? You can’t use Apple Pay just from the Wallet app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.