Any way to verify Wake on Demand will work?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SilentCrs, Sep 1, 2009.

1. SilentCrs macrumors regular

I often connect to my iMac (2007 Intel) via screen sharing. Up until now, the only way to do this on the local network or via Back to My Mac was to ensure the iMac never fell asleep.

I'm reading in 10.6 that "wake on demand" is now supported by advertising the available Bonjour services to a compatible router (I have a 500 GB Time Capsule) while the machine is asleep (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3774). The way it *should* work is that a client (say my 2009 MacBook Pro) sees the iMac services through the Bonjour proxy, wakes the iMac up, then connects. However, when my iMac goes to sleep it completely disappears from the Finder on the MacBook Pro.

Is there any way to verify that Wake on Demand is working the way it should? Specifically, is there a way to verify that the Bonjour services are being properly advertised to the router? An entry in a log somewhere (e.g. on the iMac or maybe on the Time Capsule itself)?

2. SilentCrs thread starter macrumors regular

For anyone who reads this afterwards, the fix was the restart the Time Capsule.