Any way to view powerpoint files with embedded videos?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jbg232, Mar 4, 2011.

1. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

I'm going to be purchasing an ipad 2 and will be putting a lot of powerpoints on it. Because these are complicated powerpoints many of them have videos in them.

Does anyone who uses quickoffice connect or documents to go or any of the other programs know if these will perform my needs and play back a presentation file that has a video embedded into a slide (ie I move ahead to the slide and the video plays when I click it)

Please do not suggest converting to keynote or convert to pdf/jpg/video files, I am already aware of those options and they will not fulfill my needs.

2. atlanticza macrumors 6502a

atlanticza

Readdle?

ReaddleDocs' built-in viewer supports PDF, MS Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Apple iWork files. To read documents from other software like MS Project, Visio or OmniGraffle simply print them as PDF files and copy to ReaddleDocs.

3. jbg232 thread starter macrumors 65816

jbg232

I think that basically turn the slides into pdfs to read but what I want to do is play a video thats ON the slide itself with text next to it

4. Sparky9292 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Nope

Upload your vids as movies so you can play them

But keynote for the iPad blows.

5. jbg232 thread starter macrumors 65816

jbg232

No, I need something that allows me to manually advance slides and then manually play the videos embedded on the slide.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

7. jbg232 thread starter macrumors 65816

jbg232

Keynote doesn't convert the files over correctly so the slides don't format the way they are supposed to and they look terrible.

8. SJU87 macrumors newbie

Kinda sorta workaround

The kinda sorta workaround for this is MightyMeeting. Which does a great job with PowerPoint slides, retaining original fonts, etc. Keynote is TERRIBLE at this. However, embedded video doesn't work. MightyMeeting will, store video files and you can go back and forth. So far, I haven't found anything that will do embedded videos.

I'm also hoping to find something that will do hyperlinks as I have all my slides hyperlinked back to a home slide that I can then go to separate sections of my presentation as needed. So far, I haven't even found a kinda sort workaround for that. I see Dell has a new super lightweight notebook, that might be a better solution.

9. Jigga macrumors 6502

Looking for the same thing as well as embedded video. I don't know why something hasn't been released for the iPad yet...

10. CK Seal Beach macrumors newbie

Completely different tack, which may or may not work for you...
    I now leave my laptop at my desk, and just take my iPad into meetings.
    I use Splashtop Remote to control & display my laptop screen through the iPad. I can show my Powerpoints, bring up excel files, everything no problem. Because the file is actually running on my laptop, it basically the same as having the laptop hooked up. Use the VGA adapter to connect to the projector (VGA adapter does mirroring with iPad 2).

As long as you can access your PC via Splashtop it works. Very simple to use on the same Wireless network, but its currently a pain if you are not on the same network (need to adjust router settings for instance).

11. Jigga macrumors 6502