Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I wanted to show someone the welcome video again and I don't know if I can. I want to see it on my computer but not the compressed YouTube version. Is it somewhere on the hard drive or Leopard install disc??

Cormier6083

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2006
Louisiana
In the finder, click Go.
Paste this string or go there yourself." /System/Library/CoreServices/
SetupAssistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/
Resources/

You should be able to find it there I believe.

Mikebike125

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2007
I don't have

/System/Library/CoreServices/
SetupAssistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/
Resources/

folder in Leopard... What is the file called? Maybe I can use the spotlight if I knew what the name was.

tony710

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus, OH
You have to right click SetupAssistant.app and TransitionSection.bundle and choose 'Show Package Contents'

Once inside TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources there are two files in there named: 'intro.mov' and intro-sound.mp3'

You have to play them both at the same time to get the true experience ;)

fiaz2468

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
You have to right click SetupAssistant.app and TransitionSection.bundle and choose 'Show Package Contents'

Once inside TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources there are two files in there named: 'intro.mov' and intro-sound.mp3'

You have to play them both at the same time to get the true experience ;)

I don't have that on my mac. Could you specify further please?

tony710

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus, OH
Like Cormier suggested:

1) copy this:

Code:
/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/

2) open finder

3) click 'Go' on the toolbar

4) choose 'Go to Folder...'

5) paste in box

6) click ok

tony710

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2007
Columbus, OH
Cool, That worked. It would be nice to have them as one file though. Odd why it wasn't together to start with.

If you open the mp3 in QuickTime and select all (either edit menu, select all/or cmd A) then open the .mov and choose edit menu, add to movie it combines them into one file. Just don't save over the existing file, I'm not sure what would happen ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.