Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LucidPsychosis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2010
Knoxville, TN
So my family's been longtime Verizon customers, and I became eligible for an upgrade in March, but I've been holding out with this crappy blackberry for the iPhone 5. However, with Verizon's termination of grandfathered unlimited data and their switch to new plans, we're looking to switch to Sprint, and fast. If it were up to me, I'd stay with Verizon until the 5 came out and then switch, but the rest of my family is looking to switch sooner. Clearly we want to all be on a family plan, so I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to go ahead and switch to Sprint now and still get the subsidized price for the 5 when it comes out.

I think I remember AT&T offering early upgrades to 3G and 3GS users when the 4 launched, and I thought if Sprint might do the same, I'd go ahead and get a 4 to tide me over until the 5. Any thoughts on this?

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
There's no chance of them offering an early upgrade just a few months after giving you a phone on subsidy.

Your best bet would be to buy a cheap phone out of pocket and save your subsidy for when the next iPhone is released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.