Any Wider Sport Bands--Not Tapered?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Pseudo-Fed, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Pseudo-Fed macrumors member

42mm Series 2. The Apple sport bands are about 21mm through the length of the band and then flare out to the 33mm or so width of the lugs.

Anyone know of any bands that are wider than 21mm for a more masculine look?

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You want w-i-d-e ?
    How about Amazon

Search at Amazon, they have dozens of replacement bands for your Watch.

3. Pseudo-Fed thread starter macrumors member

Googled and searched Amazon every way I can think. Can't find any bands wider or that don't taper from lugs down to skinny band.

4. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

5. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

What about the one that I linked to in my post?
    If you missed it - This one?

6. Pseudo-Fed thread starter macrumors member

I appreciate that. Sure is a wider strap. Having owned some Garmin devices with HR and now studying the heart rate monitor on the AW, from the pics it appears this band would not allow accurate heart rate reading. Really looking for something that is as wide as the lugs all the way through or maybe slightly less wide.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 29, 2017 ---
    That does look nice, but band width is still inset to fit on lugs.

I guess I'm looking at my Apple sport band and couple Amazon variants, and they are narrow throughout the band and sudden flare to 33mm lug width (42mm watch). Why can't the molded sport bands be 33mm or so throughout their width since the lugs are molded in? Still searching....

7. cyberhound macrumors member

https://www.case-mate.com/collectio...m/products/black-apple-watch-42mm-vented-band

This one might fit the bill. Word of caution... Lot's of reviews and my own testimonial saying that it likely won't fit into the watch where you attach the straps and if you have an aluminum watch it might scratch the coating trying to get it in.

There's also this one, which I am going to give a very careful try. Same worries as the one above, but the reviews are better for install. Most of the issues center on getting it on your wrist.

https://www.spigen.com/products/apple-watch-rugged-band

8. Pseudo-Fed thread starter macrumors member

Great options. Thank you.