Any widget or some way to monitor network usage?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ryans79, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ryans79 macrumors regular

Hey all!

As some of you know by my previous calls for help, I have a new MBP and am still getting used to it.
    I have just successfully tethered my Nokia 5800 to my MBP and its working great... just one question, is there some way to monitor (maybe like a widget?) how much data i have upped and downloaded?

The reason i ask is because i have a package that allows me 1gig of traffic a month, after which there are some stupid rates *per day* of usage and the speed will be throttled as well.

The only widget i currently have (and which was suggested by helpful users of this forum) is istat... but in this case i think its beyond istat's capabilities.

°°

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

The built-in Activity Monitor app shows cumulative data sent and received under the Network tab, but it's probably not quite powerful enough for your needs, since that includes all network interfaces and will reset after a reboot. If you can't find anything else it's better than nothing, though.

3. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

4. HedonicSoft macrumors newbie

here is a tool for iphone

If you are curious how much do you upload and download using iphone or ipod touch (over 3g/GPRS or over WiFi), Download Meter for iphone will help you.

5. ryans79 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey thanks guys!

Ashka, will check that out

HedonicSoft, nope, need this for my nokia 5800XM, i've given the iphone to my sis... other than games my nokia is much better, more flexible and not tied down to what Apple thinks i can and cannot do with *my* phone .