any Wifi cameras with Notification Center Widget feature?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by btomasie, Apr 25, 2015.

1. btomasie macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I have searched the internet and the Widget megathread, and coming up empty....

I am looking for wifi cameras (i.e. Belkin Wemo, myDlink, Samsung SmartCam, Dropcam, Arlo, etc. etc.) that would allow me to very easily look at at a live stream of 1-4 cameras in my house by simply clicking a camera from the widget and it launch and show the live video. I have even looked to see if the "next-gen" camera/security products launching (i.e. Canary, Piper, etc.) and no one seems to do this.

I have 2 small children, so really looking to replace my video baby monitors that rely on a private wireless protocol and require the 3" monitor to be kep with you at all times. But would also like to have it for the front and back of my house for security as well.

I am hoping I'm not the only person who has wanted this and perhaps your research has come up with something?

Thanks all,
    Brian

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Can't say I've come across something like that. Perhaps it might be due to higher data usage that would be needed to actually get a freed or a screenshot into a widget. But at least you should be able to use something like Launcher to put a shortcut to your camera app in a widget so that you can be able to quickly launch the app where you can see the feed from Notification Center.