Any wireless charger for iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Piggy_Hilton, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Piggy_Hilton Suspended

Piggy_Hilton

Hey, guys, I would like to buy a wireless charger for my iPhone 7. I saw one wireless charger from one of my friends, he uses it to charge his Samsung Galaxy S6. It is really cool! I wonder is there any wireless charger for iPhone?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

No there isn't. The one for Samsung is made by them specifically for their phones. Apple does not have one for their phones. There is a rumour that next years iPhone will include a wireless charger.

3. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

You may want to check out the mophie iPhone 7/ 7 plus battery case that works with their charging pad.

Here's an unboxing!

4. TurboPGT! macrumors 68000

Oh yeah nothing says 'cool' like a huge, hideous, expensive, proprietary charging mat.

Can you believe Apple hasn't bought into this?!?!? /s

5. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

6. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

Mophie has them with built in battery for like 99 bucks might be wrong since I bought that for my 7 plus for that much and you need to buy base sep which wireless sent charge thru case

7. jlczl macrumors regular

It actually is very cool to have a large charging mat on your bedside table where you can just lay out your gear and have it charge without a bunch of wires and charging bricks. Just one wire to the mat. BTW, it's not really proprietary (many different items charge with the same system--my mophie-clad 6 charged just fine on my Samsung Wireless Charging dock), nor is it expensive when you consider what it's doing and replacing and how can it be hideous if it's just a flat mat?

8. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

It isn't made specifically for their phones. It is a basic Qi wireless charger. Add a receiver onto the iPhone via the lightning connector and you can charge the iPhone with the Samsung charger.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 14, 2016 ---
    You can buy any Qi wireless charger (I happen to use one by Tylt) and add a Qi receiver onto the iPhone via the lightning port. You basically place this between the iPhone and your case.
    I have used these before, but I don't like having my lightning port being blocked all the time.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/iPhone-Qi-Wi...r=8-1-spons&keywords=iphone+qi+receiver&psc=1

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

Fair enough but as you pointed out it's neither ideal or practical.

10. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I have one of these and it works great!!

11. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

When I was using Nokia and Samsung phones I used wireless chargers all the time and you couldn't even see the charger as it was countersunk into the underside of my table. You can even buy furniture now with them built into it. Lots of coffee shops and the like have them built into their tables.

Wait until Apple include wireless charging and I'm sure you will think it's great then:rolleyes:

12. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

if native inductive (or whatever it's called) is really as close as we think in the iPhone i don't want so spend the money on this tech yet

13. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

I can see your point, smart move. Me personally, if I was to buy the Iphone 7 and I will be keeping it for two years.:D

14. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

*ahem* Your "wireless" charger is going to have a wire...

Just buy a dock and stick your phone on that if you feel reaching for a cable and inserting it into your phone is too much work. It's cheaper too, and you'll waste less electricity (induction charging is not very efficient) and earthly resources that way.

15. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

*ahem* Wrong

Attached Files:

16. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

is that blue thing a charger? how does it get its power?

17. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Yes it is a wireless charger power bank.

18. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

oh that is pretty cool!

19. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

It's not wrong at all. "Wireless" chargers have to be fed power, and that power will come through a cord.

20. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

So a wireless charger power bank(that I posted above) that charges your phone without and cords attached to either it or the phone is not a wireless charger?:rolleyes:

Wait until Apple puts wireless charging into their products and see what you think then, it will be revolutionary:)

21. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

So how do you charge your power bank then, with rainbows and happy unicorn farts?

...Oh, a wire, you say? So I was right then.

Please... Don't confuse me with the brainless iSheeple apple apologists. These clichés got tiresome years ago.

22. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

I'm sure 'wireless charging' refers to you not needing to interact with cables on the daily basis for charging.

Just because the charging mat needs a wire, so what, it's not like you'll be plugging and unplugging the mat from the wall every time you charge your phone. o_O

23. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

You really don't get it do you. Your last sentence is rather seems rather ironic really:rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Dec 18, 2016 ---
    Someone that has the brains to actually know what wireless means.