Any word from Apple on this debacle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by westernmass, Jul 11, 2008.

1. westernmass macrumors 6502

westernmass

There are so many threads going today so forgive if already been asked. Is it just me or is it not strange that there is nothing posted on Apple's site saying they are having issues. I mean at least a warning saying we have problem and are working to fix it. Something, anything. I am hoping it will resolve soon and actually glad I was to busy with work so far to update to 2.0.

2. epicwelshman macrumors 6502a

epicwelshman

I know what you mean. Issues and delays are one thing, but they really should have acknowledged their customers concerns.

3. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Couldn't agree more. Apparently, they have even pulled down 2.0

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Apple rarely comes out and admits that anything is wrong.

They're far more prone to quietly delete all messages on their forum about it, and make no press conference or public admission of error.

It's just like with the touchscreen dead strips... some companies would've done a recall. Some would've at least admitted a problem. Apple just quietly replaces the units.

RIM learned from their server outages, that not saying anything might've seemed smart at the time, but they lose a lot of trust that way.

Companies just don't take responsibility these days. No, that's too impersonal. I mean that executives don't.

5. westernmass thread starter macrumors 6502

westernmass

I could see the good spin on this as "WOW" we are so happy with the overwelming (literally) demand for our product! We are sorry about the delay stay tuned we are working on it. heck even the cable company gives you a nice "your call is important to us" message when the lines are down. I am just a little bummed by nothing at all. I bet the late night guys (in the USA that is Dave Letterman, Jay Leno etc) will have fun with this.

6. Stewie macrumors 6502

Stewie

They should just admit there is a problem like they did last year with the first iPhone was release. Oh wait... That's right they didn't admit they had activation problems last year either. Although AT&T did, Apple wasn't so forthcoming with details.

7. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Yeah, latest word from Apple:
    "Woohoo! YEAH!!!!! Tons of free press, even more hype, and customers complaining to their friends about how much they want the iPhone and can't buy it!"