Any word on a GUI method for unshackling 1.1.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mcdj, Oct 12, 2007.

1. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Were it not for AppTapp, my phone would be at 1.1.1. The command line stuff is a bit over my head. The latest jailbreak method(s) seem a bit easier, but I'd still prefer to wait for a GUI app. Any Dev Team members here care to chime in on any progress in this area?

I can't thank the hackers enough for all their hard work since June 29th. Their unflappability in the face of the Man is commendable. I actually couldn't blame them if they abandoned compiling a new AppTapp for every new update. But I hope they don't!

2. bdj21ya macrumors 6502a

bdj21ya

Don't be scared. It's really not all that bad (for OS X users). You basically just copy and paste from the readme to the commandline.

3. Steve1496 macrumors 6502a

Steve1496

I'm having a lot of trouble with the jailbreak by the Dev Team--and I'm not a novice. In general my iPhone is acting wacky now. Disk space is randomly being eaten up out of nowhere, and I can't get Trip1Prepz installed; it just stops installing.

I'll be waiting for a GUI method to try that.

4. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

seriously i hope an updated apptapp comes out soon, im sure they are trying to fix the apps that dont work or are a little screwy with 1.1.1

5. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

On the IRC channel it states - the easy GUI will be released around October 20th to 30th

6. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Sweet, Im just glad that there is a tentative date now. Wooh!

7. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Man, thats longer than i expected but at least its coming

8. yacoub macrumors member

well if you're running windows, there's already an easy non-GUI one out there. =)

having a GUI really wouldnt make much difference for something that doesn't really involve much user input to begin with:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=367947

9. Bernie-Mac macrumors 65816

Reading the jailbreak method, it is very long to me and i dont have wifi around so i cant cyberduck, and the main apps i used dont even work (rsbt, summerboard) so im just going to wait