Any word on Australian 3G S pricing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by conch575, Jun 10, 2009.

1. conch575 macrumors 6502

conch575

Does anyone know how much the 3G S will go for outright in Australia? Would it be the same price as it is currently?

2. Que macrumors 6502

i'm sure optus or telstra (whoever the carrier is) have a better idea than anybody here.

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

There are currently four carriers with the iPhone in Australia (plus more if you get it factory unlocked) so far Optus and Voda have started their mailing list for 3GS info.

Telstra were shown as supporting MMS from day one so I'd imagine they won't be far behind but their prices will SUCK.

I'd imagine outright (no contract, unlocked) prices to be similar to the 3G.

Haven't seen anything about the lower price 8GB iPhone 3G yet.

4. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Yup, Optus and Vodafone put mailing lists on their sites today, with Telstra and others most likely soon to come. I read somewhere also that Optus have chosen a price but are yet to disclose, before Vodafone and Telstra especially.

5. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

the carriers will wait as long as they want because lets say optus releases their pricing tomorrow, vodafone will just release theirs the next day with far better deals so that its a no brainer that people will choose vodafone. Last year they both released pricing just before the release date so dont expect it come out untill the week after next.

6. robotica macrumors 6502a

robotica

I kind you not... if i lived in OZ id be rich by selling unlocked iphones around the world...

7. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Vodafone, Optus, Telstra = 3 carriers.

Unless there's another one that's getting the 3GS that I haven't heard about?

:confused:

8. jaredtomas macrumors regular

jaredtomas

Virgin.

9. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

Optus Price Leak

I know you guys probably already know this but just thought I should post, On http://www.mactalk.com.au they have posted the leaked optus iPhone 3gs pricing. Possibly fake.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

This is what was said on www.mactalk.com.au

11. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Wow, I stand corrected. Did they have it from launch though? For some reason I thought it was just Voda, Optus and Telstra that had it on July 11...

12. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

So basically,

iPhone 3GS in Australia on the 26th of June with Optus.

16GB - $799
    32GB - $899

I still don't understand if the 16GB is available in white as well? Has not been made clear to me.

13. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Looks like it, $120 for the unlock as well.

The 16GB 3GS is available in white, it's only the 8GB 3G that is black only.

14. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

What does everyone think about the $50 unlimited download deal?

15. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I can guarantee that although it says "unlimited" it's won't be our definition of unlimited.

Most likely it will be capped at somewhere around 3 - 5GBs with the usual exorbitant overage fees.

16. tcmacintosh macrumors regular

It has now been confirmed that all major phone carriers in Australia will have the iPhone. This includes:

- Telstra
    - Optus
    - Virgin
    - Vodafone
    - Three

Three have been given the iPhone due to the merger between Vodafone and Three.

Also Optus are charging extra for tethering and will not allow data usage included in cap for tethering.

There will be a $9.99 fee that unlocks the phone's tethering feature and allow customers to use the data allowance on their iPhone plans to access the internet from a computer.

Optus has also announced a range of new data plans ranging from $4.99 a month for a 25MB "starter pack" to a $44.99 monthly charge for a 6GB allowance.

Source: Sydney Morning Herald

17. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

18. conch575 thread starter macrumors 6502

conch575