Any word on redesigned Tweetbot?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Knowlege Bomb, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Knowlege Bomb, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I've had Tweetbot as my go-to twitter app for pretty much forever but I'm getting tired of waiting for an update.

Two questions: I read somewhere late last week that the update had been submitted but haven't seen anything since. Has anybody read anything this week?

I've been eyeing Tweet7 for a couple of days now but have held off on buying because I'm sure Tweetbot is going to be a paid upgrade and I'd rather not pay for one and then another a day later. Anybody have any experience with Tweet7?

Edited to add: looks like five days ago is the last time somebody had time for speculation. Judging by the comments I'm not the only one getting a little impatient.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2013/10/major-ios-7-inspired-tweetbot-for-iphone-update-should-be-landing-soon

2. DiscoMcDisco macrumors regular

DiscoMcDisco

It's 7 days today, which is the currently expected Apple Review period.

Reading into their post a little more, it seems there is some infrastructure work they need to focus on before they'll push the 'go' button..

"We’ve just submitted Tweetbot for iPhone to the app store and are waiting for approval. We do not have a launch date yet because there are many other things that need to be in place and ready before we launch, but it will be soon. That is all that we can say at this point. We truly appreciate your patience and support on this and know that it will be worth the wait!"

I will expect there to be issues obtaining an increase in tokens (which has bitten them before) and other more systems style improvements and updates being required. I was hoping it would land today (and might still) but I expect it to be for the weekend or Monday now.

Posted on the 17th

Additionally, Tweet7 doesn't look that bad but Tweetbot is still my favourite and has had no loss or lack of functionality. I don't even care that the interface hasn't had a facelift. If they've been pushing hard for 4 months then I expect a fabulous iOS 7 experience. I don't think I trust anyone else to do as good a job as they would right now.

Your post doesn't read like this, but far to many people are getting update complacent. It's a little bit frustrating for me and just goes to show that people really don't seem to understand the depth and passion that goes into developing good software. It's a trend I'd like to see die.