Any word on stock @ Wal-Mart??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cbanksy9, Mar 15, 2011.

1. cbanksy9 macrumors member

Sorry if it's been posted before, but anyone having any luck @ walmart? Is there any way that people know of to check their inventory like someone found out how to do @ target? Walmarts website wont let you look cus its sold out but still wondering.

Thanks guys

BTW live in Boston, moms birthday was friday and I didnt get my hands on her present after waiting at my local apple store and ben searching since, to no avail. Told her she'd have ot hold tight on her b-day gift this year lol.

2. Zackmd1 macrumors 6502a

I have a family member who is a manager of a Maryland wal mart watching out for a shipment of iPad 2's for me since Saturday. As of today there have been no shipments to her wal mart.

3. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

my walmart got 19 on launch day, ive been calling everyday and they have not received any... they claim they wont be receiving any until next month. not sure how accurate it is, but i guess it is believable. i am located in binghamton NY

4. cbanksy9 thread starter macrumors member

thanks guys, yea i've been catching the same drift from the walmarts ive gone too as well. All of them seem a little dumbfounded as to when there getting any if at all but everyone including apple employees are doing the same. I happened to be waiting at an apple store when i seen on walmarts mobile site that a walmart in NH went from out of stock to limited available so i rushed up north to find out they don't have any lol.

5. phsdrumguy macrumors newbie

I apparently got lucky. I wasn't able to stand in line at my Apple store in Dallas because I left on our family spring break vacation early Friday afternoon to Arizona. So my wife called BB's, WM's Targets and apple stores ahead of us as we drove. All were sold out but on Saturday around 2 in the afternoon I found that the Wal-Mart in Gallup, NM still had all of theirs in stock. So I stopped and sure enough, they had more than 10 just sitting there. Walked in, bought one and went on our way. Then I read that even on apple.com there's quite a wait. Apparently not much demand from those Galluponians... Gallupites?.... But score for me :D

6. ee4life macrumors regular

Think you could help a fellow Marylander out with a PM if there is a status update? :D

7. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

The Walmart nearest me didn't get any on launch day (or any since). The store has quite the stock of original iPads.

I was in the store picking up some groceries and headed over to electronics to see if there was a line. No line - just a few confused customers milling about and one electronics employee acting clueless.

8. scoobierules macrumors member

scoobierules

I was at wal-mart on Friday and I was not even going to buy one of the new Ipad 2's. But, I figured I would ask if they had them in stock. They had all of the wi-fi's, I stood there for about 5 minutes and bought the 32gb white. They had 18 and I was the only one there for them. Guess that is what you get for living in a small town.