Any word on the new 3GS plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by auh, Jun 11, 2009.

1. auh macrumors newbie

I was hoping that AT&T would announce more competitively prices plans for the new 3GS coming out but I haven't seen anything around, not that I have had much time to look.

Other carriers now offer great phones with full web capabilities for much lower prices. Does anyone know if AT&T will do the same thing? On my 2G iPhone I pay $15ish less a month then all my friends with 3G iPhones because my plan is older but I still get unlimited data and text. I'm going to upgrade if they plans get cheaper or not but being the broke college student that I am, I'd rather not have to pay the extra money per month.

2. bjquach macrumors 6502

It still runs on the 3G network, so prices won't be different.

3. auh thread starter macrumors newbie

Seriously? Every other company dropped prices to get people away from buying the iPhone and I'm shocked AT&T cares that much about selling only iPhones that they won't follow

4. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

They're still selling them...

5. bjquach macrumors 6502

Why would they drop the prices if it is a 3G smartphone? iPhone uses a whole lot of data

6. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I think any price drop from AT&T would surround the iPhone data plan; however, I think you’re going to pay for that price drop by having a cap on your data for a lower monthly price. I know for someone like me or my wife who uses our iPhones all day for surfing, e-mail, etc, having unlimited data pays for itself ten times over.

7. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

Plans are the same. I doubt they're going to change. However, that would be very nice. If they do change, however, you will be able to change as well.

8. bjquach macrumors 6502

I wouldn't mind if they drop the data plans by $5

9. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Were the iPhone to go to another carrier next year (like it hopefully will), then you might finally see a price drop since AT&T will have some competition. Until then, don't expect anything out of AT&T.

10. brisully macrumors member

Give up a Starbucks once a month. Problem solved. :D