Any word on the next WatchOS update?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by WarHeadz, Dec 3, 2015.

1. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

No talk whatsoever about OS 3 or even OS 2.1? Kinda odd since Watch OS 2 came out a good while back after a long beta testing period. It's interesting that there is no beta for the next version of WatchOS yet. I love my watch and all, but let's keep it moving Apple.

2. trombo22 macrumors member

wOS 3 at wwdc almost a guarantee. 2.1 might drop with 9.2 for compatibility but no new features until wOS3. Although I don't work at apple so only a handful of people actually know.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

To add to what you stated already Apple also needs to be very careful with each WatchOS update as there is no DFU mode for users to restore to if the upgrade fails so taking their time is the safest option.

4. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

That's also something that Apple needs to address. They can add some form of DFU mode by holding down the crown and power button.

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I wonder if it's even possible to connect/maintain a bluetooth connection in DFU mode on the watch. The mystery port is still a mystery as far as I know.

6. WarHeadz thread starter macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Good point about the bluetooth connection in DFU mode, didn't even think of that. But I suppose if Apple wanted to make it possible they could.