Any word on the White iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amitdoc2b, Sep 1, 2010.

1. amitdoc2b macrumors 6502a

Did Apple make any announcement today on when the white iPhone 4 will be available??

2. timerollson macrumors 65816

Nope.

Hypothetical situation for those waiting...
    If the white iPhone is released in December, are you still going to get it? I'd just wait for the next revision in June 2011.

3. jcole31 macrumors regular

The white iPhone is starting to seem like it is apple's red headed step child. It is in all the family photos, but it is never seen in person and when asked about it they give some weak excuse as to why it couldn't make it to this years family picnic.

4. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'd still get it because this current black one I have is going to be a hand-me-down to a relative. They will use their upgrade to swap me the white iPhone. And I am upgrade eligible for the iPhone 5 next summer to change again later.

5. sportfan6197 macrumors newbie

You could swap in a black iP4 for a white iP4 for free

6. billycuth macrumors 6502a

:D

7. amitdoc2b thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nah, I have been using this one since June when it first released.

8. xenuprime macrumors 6502

If it's December, I might wait for the next revision. It depends if my 3g is still working.

9. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

no you can't. what do you think this is? a rental service?

10. pamon macrumors 6502

hard to think it's all a paint thing and getting it right. white phones are everywhere. except the iphone 4. lol

11. nexsta macrumors 6502

good things take time, I bet the white iphone will have a perfect antenna, it will be delicous...

12. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I'm thinking we may have to wait until the iPhone 5.

13. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

yeah :/

14. lopezmatthew01 macrumors newbie

I personally feel that apple is yet to release a white iphone not because of manufacturing 'delays' but rather because they are attempting to rectify the antenna issue that has been pestering some of the current iphone users. If so it is possible that the delay may be for the fact that the method to correct said issue would take too much time and/or cut into their margin of profit. However this is simply my opinion of the situation.

15. BriMercer macrumors regular

Here's the thing: The instant I break down and get a black iPhone 4, the white one will become available.

Maybe that's what's holding up the white iPhone 4's release. It isn't misaligned cases or color/opacity problems or overheating that turns the white iPhone yellow or the fixing of the antenna. The reason the white iPhone hasn't come out yet? It's because I haven't broken down and bought the black one.

16. jcole31 macrumors regular

I still firmly believe the "manufacturing issues" are total B.S. They had a large batch of white iPhones on hand at the iPhone 4 launch event. Those iPhones apparently were made up to apple's standards. The white iPhones were THE model that journalists/bloggers were allowed to mess around with.

Why did that batch not face the same manufacturing issues?

17. VenusianSky macrumors 65816

VenusianSky

Well they still do have it pictured on the website. I don't see why they would have it up if it is going to be another 3-4 months for it become available. That just doesn't make any sense.

18. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

19. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Don't think that if the white iphone was imminent, SJ would of mentioned it? He mentioned an update that will not even be available until November.

20. jcole31 macrumors regular

I email Steve nearly every day asking if there is any update on the white iPhone. I've probably been blocked at this point, but I'm a persistent SOB. :)

21. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

22. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

"Aye, aye! It was that accursed white whale that razeed me; made a poor pegging lubber of me for ever and a day!...

I'll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give him up.

And this is what ye have shipped for, men! To chase that white whale on both sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till he spouts black blood and rolls fin out."

- MOBY DICK, by Herman Melville

23. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

only reason i watched the conference today was to see white iphone 4 announcement... *sighs* looks like i'm ordering the black one

24. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

Good call. You would have been waiting awhile.

25. Vbp6us macrumors newbie

Same here. I was going to get two and sell one but I guess I'll do that with a black one. :(