Any word on Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrida

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2012
Well, its July 31, and no Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter that I can see. Apple stated it would be released in July, but no adapter and no comment/announcement of delay from Apple that I have seen. Hopefully MacRumors will be able to find out what is going on and when it should be expected as I know a lot of Macbook Pro with Retina owners eager to get there hands on it (including me).

- D

wethackrey

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2007
Redondo Beach, California
Now available!

Well, its July 31, and no Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter that I can see. Apple stated it would be released in July, but no adapter and no comment/announcement of delay from Apple that I have seen. Hopefully MacRumors will be able to find out what is going on and when it should be expected as I know a lot of Macbook Pro with Retina owners eager to get there hands on it (including me).

- D
As GGJStudious pointed out, there's another thread where this has been discussed for a few weeks now.

The good news is that the TB to FW adapter is NOW SHIPPING. Well almost now shipping. The Apple store says shipping in 1-3 days. I just ordered one. At the stage where you choose shipping options, it still says "unavailable" but the order processed and I have a projected delivery date of August 6-8. The long shipping lead time leads me to believe they're coming from China. No US inventory yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.