Any word on when 12 core MacPro's will be available?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by robains, May 8, 2010.

1. robains macrumors regular

robains

Since Apple are Intel's #1 customer, I assume we'll be seeing new MacPro's out soon with the two 6 core CPUs? If so, does anyone know if they'll have USB 3.0 and support for either the ATI 5870 or ATI V7700?

Thanks, Rob.

2. rajbonham macrumors 6502

Say what? Have you checked any of the 10+ threads on those subjects yet? All your questions have definitely been answered before.

3. robains thread starter macrumors regular

robains

Oops sorry, did a search, so June "ish" ... but no word of support for the ATI Fire V7700? It's accuracy and performance is jaw dropping $1500 that can hang with $4000+ cards.

Rob.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

All technology Apple needs already exists so it's up to Apple. WWDC '10 looks tempting

5. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

I guess you are talking about the V8800 rather than the 7700. Apple won't use it because they can get similar performance from the 5870 which will cost them a lot less. While the 5870 is surely a good candidate, the best even, don't be surprised if it is a GeForce 470 or Radeon 5850 that Apple offer. Though I'd expect the 5870 to be available through AMD anyway.

6. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

I have a 12 core 3.5 GHz with the 5850 graphics card / USB 3.0 AND the first version of Light Peak available for sale right now.

It is the first production run that is being stockpiled for a large shipment and has 128 GB of RAM as well as 6 TB of storage.

Please forward cash and I will ship as soon as your money arrives. A true bargain at only $3200 including shipping from either Nigeria or the Cayman Islands.

You'll love it :rolleyes:

7. ValSalva macrumors 68040

ValSalva

That would be great! I'd gladly pay you $20,000 for it. I just need you to first send me $5000 in cash so that I can access the money. You know, bank transfer fees etc. No problem, right? :rolleyes:

8. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

Check is on the way - done deal :D

As a more practical matter, we have probably beat this "When new MP" topic to death several times over - not sure what more can be said. I've bounced back and forth several times about just keeping my current 3 year old MP for another year vs upgrading it (not sure there is much I can do) vs buying whatever the latest is in a few more weeks.

My leaning at the moment is to NOT spend $$ on more memory (very few page in/outs) or a new GPU that might not do much for me in Aperture / Photoshop / FC.

So - we will just continue to spin and spin away waiting....

9. RubbishBBspeed macrumors regular

Picked up my 12 core new MP 128GB ram last week, very cool machine........ Oh wait a minute nope that was a dream from last week, or was it last month.... At this rate it could have even been last year.

In one word the anticipation for the new MP can be surmised.....

......................YAWN....

10. Techhie macrumors 65816

Techhie

A little sloppier grammar and it would look just like one of those "DEAR SELLER" emails :rolleyes: