Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbryan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
I've defined the Image Size Settings in Wordpress as follows:

Thumbnail - 85x65
Medium - 251x188
Large - 515x387

So here's what I want to do:

Use the first image attached to a post for the news feed image (251x188).

In the actual post, I want to display the 2nd image before the post text. That 2nd image can range in size from 251x188 to 515x387.

Under the post text, I want up to 5 thumbnail images (85x65), which will each link to an attachment page where they can be viewed up to their full size (515x387).

I can't believe I can't find anything in the Codex or anything about this in my Google Searches.

I mean, if they gave me the option to manually change the image size, those photos should actually be functional, right? (To the contrary, I had to install a plug-in to get the medium-size image in the newsfeed).

That plug-in won't work for what I need.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

sbryan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2007
There is an attachment.php file in the Default Wordpress Theme which appears to have the functionality that I'm looking for in an attachment page -- next/previous navigation between attachments.

But how do I invoke thumbnails in the post, and how do I point those thumbnails to their respective attachment page at full-size?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.