Any words on Back to School sale yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chiuy, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Chiuy macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Just wondering... any words yet?
    And if they do have it, will they include Lion or will they give you leopard first then you get a free download later on? Or you have to pay?

2. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Most of those topics are old though.
    I assume they announce it during WWDC or last day. Hope they start soon... want my Mac for summer school.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They're not old. Most of them have posts today or yesterday, and all but one have posts within the past few weeks.

4. Chiuy thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh my bad. Can't really surf well while on my mobile.

5. csavage343 macrumors newbie

i did the live chat thing on apples web site today and was surprised at what i found out. the guy i chatted with didn't directly say exactly when but his answer was good enough for me. he said something along the lines of keep checking apples website this week for the promotion. so i asked him if he thinks it will be sometime this week. hes response "Yes. Definitely. Maybe."

from this, i have kind of come to the conclusion that it will be friday when the back to school promotion is announced for this year. obviously this guy did not confirm anything, but it was obvious to me that he knew something about the sale that he could not directly share but he hinted at it. hope this helps all of you.

6. bniu macrumors 6502a

keep in mind if Apple's iPod inventories are where they are projected to be, or if Apple is not intending on refreshing the iPod line this year, then it's quite possible that there will not be a back to school special.

Whatever way you put it, the BTS promo is really a scheme to move out old inventory in anticipation of a product refresh.

The iPod classic hasn't been refreshed in ages, the iPod nano is kinda irrelevant now, and the 4th Gen iPod touch is just fine the way it is. Flash memory isn't getting any cheaper this year, so it's possible that there won't be new iPods at all.