any Zinio users have problems after update?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by vastoholic, Nov 24, 2010.

1. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Downloaded my first new title since my update to 4.2 yesterday. Super Streetbike Magazine. I've sent a support request email to Zinio but never received a reply or notice that it was received. Here's the problem description I sent them:

upon further testing, it's only hanging up on a few pages (around page 15 or 16). It never fully loads the image, it stays in a slightly blurry state. There's no extra features in the magazine, it's only rendering images.

2. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I was able to flip through a "Mental Floss" magazine I bought a month or two ago. It resolves the text when I zoom in but it's dog slow and hitchy at doing so. So far I've avoided buying many Zinio mags because I think their app needs a bit more work. Essentially these are pdf files, I don't know why their app is so much slower than PDF magazines I open in GoodReader.

3. Diane B macrumors member

I wish I could even get to that point. I haven't been able to get through a backup to install the upgrade. I bypassed the initial backup and have everything crucial in Dropbox. Got the dl finally but now can't get past the backup before installation.

In respect to Zinio, I read on another forum that it couod be one culprit so deleted it but still a several hour backup agwin so I cancelled it and will try tonight. I have 2 subscriptions so would like to reinstall afterr update but not surr---if I ever get to that point LOO. I may be stuck with 3.2 forever on this one. I have my husband's to upgrade too. Hopefully it will go better.

4. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I know good reader can read them, but I cant purchase them on there and the UI on zinio is better looking.

@diane It seems my back ups have taken less time after the update. It also appears that all my other titles work just fine. As much as i don't want to, i may remove zinio today and then redownload everything. Thankfully, i only 2 or 3 pages of issues to get back.

5. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Just diwnloaded the new macworld issue and everything works fine with that one. I can only assume it's an issue on the publishers side.

6. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I also noticed the backup with zinio backups included is faster on 4.2.1

It used to take well over 90 minutes to backup. Now it's more like 20-30 minutes.

Cheers,

7. MrMoore macrumors 6502

I have Zinio 1.9.2 and the first two times I loaded it after 4.2.1, the program closed while downloading a magazine. After that it has worked with no issues. Not sure if it was just a fluke.

8. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Anyone else having problems under 1.9.3? Since updating the app doesn't remember where I am in each magazine. It doesnt matter if the app gets closed through IOS clawing back memory through multitasking or I close it myself, when I reopen it it goes to the Featured section. When I navigate back to the magazine I was reading it opens it either at the front cover or some random page. It used to just start the app wherever I left off. It's very annoying and spiking what s my favourite app now :(