Anybody a suggestions what i should do without the Expresscardslot

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Jawa123, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Jawa123 macrumors newbie

I want to buy an new Macbook Pro but...

I use Final Cut Pro on an Mac Book Pro 2,5 with a P2 Camera from Panasonic. For the P2 Card Data import i used a Dual Adapter via the Expresscardslot.
    This Slot is now gone with the new 15 inch MacBook Pros.
    During my work i have to carry camera laptop an everytzhing for fieldediting in a small backpack so please dont suggest the 17 inch Macbook its to big. Also the Panasonic AJ-PCD20 five card reader is no solution its unhandy and with 1800 $ too expensive.

Don't get me wrong i'm not blaming anybody i want to stick to Final Cut Pro MacBook Pro and my P2 Camera.
    Does anybody know if there is a affordable solution to the new Macbook Pro/Expresscardslot problem.
    I have to upgrade my system but I don't want to switch to HP , Bill Gates and Avid to earn my salary as a freelance video editor and cameraman.
    Any suggestions?

Regards

Jan

2. cube macrumors G4

Buy the previous generation 15" if that's still an upgrade to you.

If apple does not revert this policy in the future, switch.

3. failsafe1 macrumors 6502a

failsafe1

Pro photog

I am pro photographer who was upgrading after WWDC Monday. I dabble in video and decided to get a new old model 2.66 with express card slot at Best Buy Tuesday night with a nice price match deal. It has the better video card, more L2 cache, and the card slot for the same price as the new 2.66 model introduced at WWDC. I wanted the option to add the additional eSata or firewire card via the card slot in case I needed additional DV cam slots for some mutli-camera video work I am doing. You should be able to find these at an Apple store or BB but hurry I got the last one in the BB where I live.