Anybody bought from Power Max

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sitti, May 4, 2010.

1. Sitti macrumors newbie

2. bluesteel macrumors 6502

PowerMax is a great place to buy new macs. they have been around for a while and are a very reputable Apple retailer. they don't charge tax too, so you save a little money. also, its one of the very few places online you can customize your mac (CTO) without having to pay tax. i have purchased 3 new macs from them in the past with no problems at all.

3. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

They are very good. I bought my new MBP from them. they have great service and you ALWAYS get a real person not a machine.

4. Panzo macrumors 6502

Any of these places ship to canada. would be dope saving some tax money.

5. Sitti thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to hear. I think I am going to order from Power Max very soon.

I won't have problem taking my new MBP pro to my nearest Apple Store if I need warranty repair or replacement?

6. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

powermax is based out of oregon, so maybe.

7. Panzo macrumors 6502

FAQ says they ship internationally but when i asked them to ship me a mac they said they couldn't.

8. mingoglia macrumors 6502

I've never purchased from them. It sounds like they're certainly an option for new. As for used, I frequently see their ads on this site and I really don't think their used gear is priced very well. For example, I just saw a used 17" with 4 gig of RAM advertisement come up for $2799. That to me isn't that great of a deal if you compare it to new. I saw the same thing when I bought my Mini back in November. I bought my brand new mini from the Mac store at the mall for around $50 more than their used ones were going for (I'm sure in new condition) on their website. Granted I would have saved the tax on their website.

9. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

Good. solid company. They even do trade-ins if you don't want to sell your old Mac on eBay.

10. devils punchbow macrumors member

I ordered a CTO from powermax. They seemed to think one was in stock from one of their California suppliers. Any experienced customers here that can tell me how long it will take for powermax to have the CTO shipped to them ? Anyone ordered a CTO from them recently ? Share your experience on shipping times. Thanks.