Anybody bought this dock?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kiedoy, Jul 18, 2010.

1. Kiedoy macrumors member

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Not sure if anyone here has physicially used it yet, but I've seen it posted. Also... anything that works for the 3G or 3GS will work for the iPhone 4 (electronically, anyway).

3. Kiedoy thread starter macrumors member

Hey man just saw your tag. How did you already get a white iphone? Or did you make it? Just curious

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I don't yet, I am waiting on it still. I should put a (soon) tag on it. LOL.

EDIT: Fixed. :p

5. Kiedoy thread starter macrumors member

thought maybe you got lucky haha

6. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Not that lucky!

7. blugel macrumors member

well, i bought this dock, and really like it, but whole reason i bought it was because i thought it would work with the bumper.

well, it doesn't. the bumper makes the iphone sit up too high to make a connection.

8. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

9. pikkashoe macrumors regular

I have the same one in black. Got if off ebay.

It works fine with my belkin clear vue case.

Im just a bid concerned about the way the phone is supported.
    The dock connector slides in and out, and has 4 positions, I guess because you can use this dock with an ipad as well, but with my case, the two available positions are either to close to the back or too far away, so the connector underneath basically holds the phone in place with out any back support. That is if I am using the position further from the backing, if I use the closer position, the back pushes the phone forward a tiny bit.
    I am scared that I may go grab the phone and push it by mistake and break the bottom port. I guess im just paranoid. Anyone else use this dock. Id like to hear their say on this?