Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saintforlife

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
Based on experience using the iPad Air and the iPad mini retina, the combination of 1GB RAM + 64-bit architecture doesn't really bode well for multi-tasking. I can barely switch 2 or 3 tabs on Safari before it starts refreshing and reloading like crazy.

Anybody fear the same sub-par experience will carry forward with the iPhone 6/6+? In the year 2014, you really shouldn't be concerned about switching between apps causing stuff to reload/refresh making you lose your work, possibly.

Applefan4

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
At this point I am more mad at Apple for not including more RAM in the phone not because I feel like it needs it, but more because what it has done to this message board and all of the discussion/bickering over 1GB of RAM.

Not to mention prevent annoying Fandroids from gloating about RAM. Oh well. I'm sure iphone will be great even with 1gb

HolyGrail

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2010
Planet Earth
My Galaxy s4 with 2 gb of ram has more problems with refreshing then my brothers iPhone 5s.

1) At this point, ram is a non issues for iOS users.
2) If you don't like it go buy something else, because at this point you're crying isn't going to change anything.
3. I you don't get that no one cares, then reread 1-3.
4. That is all.

Applefan4

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
My Galaxy s4 with 2 gb of ram has more problems with refreshing then my brothers iPhone 5s.

1) At this point, ram is a non issues for iOS users.
2) If you don't like it go buy something else, because at this point you're crying isn't going to change anything.
3. I you don't get that no one cares, then reread 1-3.
4. That is all.

I have Note 3 and it reloads apps and tabs like crazy. I don't know why people think this is an iphone related issue

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
Please use one of the many existing ram threads for this discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.