Anybody crossed to Blackberry from iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by agkm800, May 16, 2011.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's lots of people that switched over.

If they're still posting here at MR in the iPhone forum, I'd make a giant leap and say they have no regrets otherwise they would have returned the phone and gone back.

3. johnfnwhiteside macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

I made the jump from blackberry to the iPhone and had no regrets. My blackberry was the worst phone I've owned.

4. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

I may be wrong, but it looks as if the OP is asking if anyone has gone from an iPhone to a Blackberry, not BB to iPhone.

5. HeezyBear macrumors regular

I've made the jump from iPhone to BlackBerry...twice. Once from the 3GS to th BlackBerry Tour and then once from the iPhone 4 to BlackBerry Bold 9700 or 9780 (I can't remember). Both times the BB only lasted two weeks before I switched back. The only thing I found better on the BB was battery life and notifications. It lagged behind in everything else I needed it to do. Emails came in fast, but were truncated and you couldn't access your various email folders. Their app store is very small compared to iOS and apps are nowhere near as polished or as well supported as their iOS counterparts. I love the form factor of the BB Bold 9000, but the OS is just too far behind for my needs.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

Blackberry is so.... 2005 I dont see why anyone would get one unless it's for business purposes or email.

7. jboy123 macrumors newbie

I love BBs. They is are awesome phones they get the job done fast and without hassle. They have some really good hardware. I love the keyboard on my BB bold. Simply put Blackberries are the best smart phones without a touch screen. They work.

8. pman219 macrumors 6502a

pman219

And even this ^

I'm absolutely seeing more iPhones on tables at meetings whereas before it was strictly BB's

9. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

Totally agreed. :)

10. Dumbledorelives macrumors 6502

Dumbledorelives

Absoloutly hated my blackberry, wouldn't go back if you paid me.

11. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

I was personally using Blackberry and went iPhone for my own personal uses I don't miss it. Still using a Blackberry for work, and would miss it dearly if I had to change.

12. gildog macrumors newbie

gildog

I just did that about a week ago. I went to from an Iphone 4 to a BB torch. It didnt last long cuz I was back to the iphone 4 within 3 days. The torch is to sensitive and the touch screen didnt respond to well.

13. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

A good friend has the Blackberry Torch, even upgraded her other line to buy the iPhone 4. Ten minutes after opening it she asked me to sell it for her because she didn't like it :eek: Anyways the other day she was telling me she needs an iPod Touch. Apparently she must have words with friends and the Blackberry App "world" doesn't have it :cool:

14. Stealthipad, May 16, 2011
    Last edited: May 16, 2011

Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I have used and still use both. I do about 80% Blackberry and 20% iPhone.

Main thing I love about my Blackberry 9780 is having a real keyboard, although the iPhone keyboard is good, to me it can not compare to a real tactile keyboard.

BIGGEST COMPLAINT:

The iPhone has the WEAKEST NOTIFICATION system for any phone of it's cost! They should pay RIM to use theirs as I do not think Apple understands how important it is OR how it should work. You wait 15 minutes on an email and then fail to be notified that it is there. They NO EXCUSE for this and should be top on the list to fix.

One last thing is to give the iPhone a notification light! Just a small blinking LED to let you know things like having service, ,missed calls and emails waiting! Oh WAIT, that is, again, part of the lack of notification system

My suggestion, do not sell your Blackberry.

15. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

It honestly depends what you plan on using it for. Work or home? Music and video or GPS and Corporate Emails? I find the iPhone (If Jailbroken) can have a nice notifications system. BUT it all comes down to this; Who is your current carrier? Is it ok if the iPhone has a slightly weaker battery? Other than that the iPhone IMO KICKS THE @$$ out of RIM phones.

16. iRach macrumors member

iRach

How can anyone actually like a BB keyboard?! It's so 'fiddly'! :confused:

17. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

My hands are too big to use one. I used it for a few weeks and it was just annoying, so I had to return it.

18. ssk2 macrumors regular

Well thousands and thousands of people do...

19. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

So your big hands have tiny thumbs that can do the iPhone keyboard better:eek:

20. war eagle macrumors 6502a

I did, twice. Sold my 3GS for the Bold 9700. It lasted about a month and a half and then I got the Nexus One for AT&T. The 9700 was purchased pretty much for BBM and after the newness of BBM wore off, I was over it. When the iPhone 4 dropped I was back to it.

Then the Torch came out and I don't know what it was but their advertisements suckered me into getting another blackberry. I got the Torch and had it for about 2-3 weeks and it started freezing up on me a lot and I mean ALOT! It didn't start cutting up really bad until after I sold my iPhone 4. So, I gave the Torch to my mom and used scholarship money to add another line and get another iPhone 4.

Blackberry isn't bad, their apps just suck. At the time I was a big Twit freak and their apps compared to the iPhone were just awful. The browser was improved over the 9700, but it was still bad. BBM is cool for a month and then you don't really care anymore.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why would someone want to go backwards instead of forward in tech?

22. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Landscape bud.

23. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

I'm so used to iPhone since the 3GS that I don't see myself using any other one. I'm not a fanboy because I've never been one from any brand, simply prefer the phone I got used to and it works well, so like the saying: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" :)

24. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

i'm using two devices at the same time .
    BlackBerry Torch and iPhone 4.
    now let's compare the two ( out of the box experience)

the iPhone is an Excellent multi media device and a very good Web browser.

the Blackberry on the other hand excels in Notification and E-mail handling. That may not be important for most consumers, but having more than 1 email account which requires different Signatures ( not the usual " sent from my iphone") and the ease of attachments.
    the BB comes with FREE documents to go etc, unlike with the iPhone 4 where i have to purchase pages, numbers etc separately.

the other thing is having different tones for different applications, x for BBM, y for Facebook notification, z for SMS etc.
    ADD some colors ( through the LED ) and you don't even have to take the phone from the holster anymore, just look at the blinking light and you know what and who's trying to reach you.

Lastly, the user replaceable battery, with my 3G before, i'm always tied to a charger whether it's the car or the office outlet.
    but with a BB you can buy a spare battery and swap it.