Anybody else disappointed with apples new design?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Sep 15, 2014.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

They use to offer a different shape iPod touch and iphone to the ipad. Now they will all look the same. Will also miss the solid round buttons and frame of the iPhone 4,4S,5,5S which I've had for years.

Sadly I expect as much as i will enjoy my iphone 6 it will feel how it was when I swapped my ipad 3 for iPad Air a little cheap, too thin and light.

2. IllIllIll macrumors 6502a

You didn't have to buy an iPhone 6, you know.

3. mantan macrumors 68000

Kind of a trolly post.

But based on other devices, I really wish they would have come out with a 5.0-5.1 inch devices. 4.7 is a touch smaller than other devices. 5.5 is big with the Note and the 6 Plus is even taller.

4. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Haven't seen it in person, but I think it looks nice. I do really like the design of the 5 and am "sad" to see that go. Only really disappointment with the new one is larger and was hoping for more of a bezel reduction. Still stoked though. Looks nice.

5. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I wasn't crazy about the early (as it turns out, accurate) prototype renderings, but seeing the finished product, I think it looks pretty nice. It's growing on me and like new Apple phones always are, I think people are going to be surprised at how light and elegant they feel in your hand once you can actually hold one. Plus the unparalleled build quality and tolerances that Apple products always have. Only thing I don't like is the protruding camera lens, not so much because of the look (although I don't like that either), but because I like to use my phones lying flat on a table and I'm pretty sure that is going to be an issue.

6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

I like it buts it is the complete opposite of what I thought they would do if they ever did make larger phones. It's pretty much the same exact face and bezels.

The iPhone 7 and 8 will focus on reducing the size of both models while keeping the same screen size. After that it's a toss up, but I think iphone 10 is a big anniversary and they will go full face screen with Touch ID built in to the screen.

7. ronm99 macrumors 6502

To me the biggest thing with the design is how it feels in my hand. I loved the feel of the 5 / 5S, and never used a case with it. I'm hoping that the 6 and 6+ exude the same feeling of quality, but that is something that is hard to see from photos. I need to feel the phone in my hand, but I am optimistic that I will like the new phones.

And I'm surprised you don't like the iPad Air ... it was a HUGE improvement for me over the iPad 3 which was too heavy for me. But, design is a personal thing, and to each their own.

8. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

You didn't need to post on this thread, you know. ;)

----------

I agree to the reference to the iPad Air . It really did feel cheaper, though that feeling eventually went away. I hope the 6 feels solid, and not like the air. Will know Friday

9. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I haven't seen a device in person but from publicity shots I really like the design except for the gold. I imagine once I feel it in my hands I will love it.

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

You'd have to be ignorant if you think everyone is happy.