Anybody else experience all of these together ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jm0neyxo, Oct 27, 2016.

1. jm0neyxo macrumors member

jm0neyxo

ive got the iPhone 7 plus and it gets really hot with moderate usage. Also when using my maps app it is completly off. It will tell me to turn than to go back on the route I was just on or it will say proceed to route and I haven't done anything different. Bluetooth connectivity is also a problem when it's connected to my car. It will skip like it's a cd or something or won't even work and I will have to start my car again to reconnect. Last but not least while using different apps like facebook safari and sending pics in message app will completely just crash and go to the loading things like when your phone dies but it won't restart all the way. Just loads up the passcode page. Never had any of these problems with my iPhone 6s. Updated to iOS 10.1 and still having problems. Not sure if it's the phone or iOS.

2. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

I would send the unit back. The phone should just work. If it doesn't, don't waste time trying to figure it out.

3. jm0neyxo thread starter macrumors member

jm0neyxo

Yea thinking about it. Was hoping it was just iOS 10

4. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

That is the worst advice to give.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---
    Looking at your problems, I think one is hardware (battery) and 2 are software. Before you go through the trouble of a return, at least restore the phone to new and do not restore from a backup. If the problems return, its the phone. If the problems do not, add your apps manually and see if the problems return. If they don't restore and add your backup and see if the problems return. I say this because sometimes the backup can cause issues and if you return your phone and get a new one you could have the same problems again.

There is a Bluetooth thread about people having issues.

5. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Did you set up as new? Or did you restore from a back up?

Generally speaking, Apple will want you to setup as new to see if you still have the same issues. If you have the same issues after setting up as new, then it's probably an issue with the phone.

Here's an Apple support article for that:
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204686

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

The only one I am experiencing is the bluetooth issue. So far I've only used it with bluetooth headphones and it just skips and cuts out really badly. initially I though it was the podcast app I used but then it started happening with infuse videos, Apple music, youtube, etc... I then thought it was my headphones but I've had them for a year and used them with my 6S plus with no issues, I also tried them with my macbook and my wife's 6S.... no problems at all.

I really hope this is an iOS 10 thing and not hardware on the 7 plus because that would suck.

7. jm0neyxo thread starter macrumors member

jm0neyxo

At first I restored from backup and than I set up as new to see if it fixed the problem and nope still happening.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---
    Yea same here with the Bluetooth i never had Bluetooth problems with my 6s just with iOS 10 and 7 plus