Anybody else from Scotland pre-ordered for delivery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bigscotal, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

I am sure most of us noticed the statement on the apple store page :

"* Delivers on June 24th excludes Channel Islands, Isle of Wight, Isle of Man Scotland and Northern Ireland"

Just wondering how many other folk from Scotland (like me) have gone ahead and pre-ordered for delivery anyway?

I am trying to convince myself that they cannot mean they are not delivering to Scotland, more just a case of they aren't going to guarantee delivery on the 24th?

What's everybody else's take on this?

2. troubleonline macrumors 65816

troubleonline

I noticed this earlier. Usually it is Scottish Highlands and Islands that have longer delivery times NOT the whole of Scotland. They may be covering themselves - I imagine if you are in the central belt it could still be 24th. Am sure I saw somewhere state 25th earlier but cant remember and that is a Saturday so ???????:confused: I would think the Apple store in Glasgow and Aberdeen will have them on launch day.

3. con500 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Scotland delivery exemptions normally only refer to the Scottish Isles (up north) However Mainland Scotland deliveries tend to be fine as it falls under Standard UK postal code areas.
    Is the info you read from Apple uk site?

4. bigscotal thread starter macrumors 6502

bigscotal

Yes, that was kind of my conclusion as well. Highlands and Islands being excluded isn't too out of the ordinary, but the whole of Scotland would be a joke. Imagine the backlash from that!

Can't honestly tell me that I can reserve one at Glasgow, which is like 20 miles away, but heaven forbid I want one delivered.

My order went through ok at lunchtime, so fingers crossed. :)

Edit : con500 - yes, that was straight off the apple site, as per this page :

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?mco=OTY2ODA2OQ

5. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I've reserved one at the Glasgow store for pick-up any time on the 24th. I work just the other side of Central Station, so is no problem. :D

As for home delivery, my iPad was due on the 28th (launch day) but I got mine on the 27th. Unless the shipment route and timescale isnt too edgy, I guess they may just be covering their arses here.

6. bigscotal thread starter macrumors 6502

bigscotal

So what are other Scottish folks delivery dates looking like? Post your time of ordering etc......I'm as follows :

Ordered : 15th @ 12:00 mid-day
    Deliver to : Kilmarnock (near Glasgow)
    Carrier : UPS
    Expected Delivery : 28th June :mad:

7. retro.kid macrumors newbie

retro.kid

Ordered : 15th @ 15.45ish
    Deliver to : Airdrie (near Glasgow!)
    Expected Delivery : 25th June (subject to change and was 24th yesterday)
    Carrier: UPS

8. bigscotal thread starter macrumors 6502

bigscotal

My UPS tracking has now been updated to :

Scheduled Delivery Date: 24/06/2010

Fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

Although given that I went to the O2 shop this afternoon to get a Microsim, and they had "Closed early for iPhone 4 Launch Tomorrow", it's going to be an expensive iTouch until I manage back again.