Anybody else get shocks from aluminum the keyboard?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DDar, Aug 26, 2008.

  1. DDar macrumors 6502

    DDar

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2007
    #1
    I do. Only when some sort of joint touches it though. Like my finger joints or elbows. When my fingertips touch it I can feel a slight electric sensation sometimes (you know that feeling), but I don't get any sort of shock.

    I really don't know why this is, but I just thought I'd mention it. =/

    EDIT: Also, I noticed that most of the shocks come from the curved edge of the keyboard... Odd eh?
     
  2. reclusivemonkey macrumors 6502

    reclusivemonkey

    Joined:
    Jun 2, 2008
    Location:
    Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire, UK
    #2
    Not me, and I often get the from car doors and such.
     
  3. max¥¥ macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2008
    Location:
    Over there....
    #3
    i have been shocked from the plastic on ibooks?
     
  4. Hawtoldman macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 27, 2008
    #4
    Why did aluminum the keyboard shock you? And who called him aluminum?
     
  5. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

    iGuardian

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2008
    #5
    I've had my new aluminum keyboard for about a week now, and haven't gotten a shock. But I guess if it's made of metal, that may be a problem.
     
  6. t0mat0 macrumors 603

    t0mat0

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2006
    Location:
    Home
    #6
    Sounds like something needs to be earthed. Remember at a party someone was jury rigging in an ipod to a speaker system in France. No earth over there (the 3rd pin for us Brits amongst other places) so the dodgy power connection was making the iPod give people electrical shocks nearly randomly.
    Sounds like it needs a decent checking over.
     
  7. soberbrain macrumors 65816

    soberbrain

    Joined:
    May 9, 2008
    #7
    Every once and a while, I would get a static shock from my PowerBook.
     
  8. operator207 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2007
    #8
    Funny. :)

    Yes, I have gotten shocked. Not from my MBP Penryn, but my PB 1.67.
    ALL the time. It got to the point that I would touch the wrist portion with a finger, get the shock over with, and then start typing.

    My wife thought I was crazy till it was dark once, and she saw the shock jump a bit.
     

Share This Page