Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acvball92

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2008
Fairfield County, CT
I just got a text from AT&T/Apple telling me about the new firmware upgrade, lol.
I thought it was funny, but at least we know that they're both working on the 3G reception issue as I imagine thats the only reason why AT&T would text me about a firmware upgrade.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
I just got a text from AT&T/Apple telling me about the new firmware upgrade, lol.
I thought it was funny, but at least we know that they're both working on the 3G reception issue as I imagine thats the only reason why AT&T would text me about a firmware upgrade.

i got the text, but i don't think it's weird.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I got it. But i'm not installing the latest firmware. No way. Mine is working fine and rather not screw anything up.

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
I'm pretty sure it's a response to news articles that ATT&T and Apple didn't make their customers aware of the new firmware...u only knew about it if you went to sites like macrumors (best site in the world)

starsfan91

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2008
Dallas, TX
yeah i got the text...and i updated my iPhone to 2.0.2 as soon as it was released, and my connection has gotten worse

i have turned of 3G because i have dropped too many calls.

apple and att need to fix this ASAP

ASN21

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
You people make me laugh, "my firmware is fine I am not touching it!!", lmao like a new update will screw up your phone. Jesus Christ people stop being so damn paranoid.

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
I got this just now even though my iPhone is updated and has been working fine since July 11th.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    41.9 KB · Views: 52

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
I updated to 2.0.2 a couple of days ago, read about the text this morning, and got the text this afternoon. I didn't need it, of course, so I just deleted it.

Chicagomac08

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Chicago
I live in Chicago on the north side and my reception sucks!

I live in a "3G area" according to their maps but their is no way.

also, I think it's funny how there is one spot not far from where I live that doesn't have 3G. How could a perfectly shaped square not get 3G....AT&T Sucks up here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.