Anybody else getting fed up with waiting?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Brad9753, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Brad9753 macrumors member

Brad9753

Being from the UK, where most stores do not even seem to have display Retinas, let alone any in stock to look at and try out, is anybody else beginning to get feed up? The hype of the WWDC has passed and the novelty is beginning to wear off I feel. The lying of "they will ship today" didn't do them any favors.
    And there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel either, extremely frustrating.
    I always knew that it was a "want" rather then a need before, but it is becoming more obvious the longer they take..

2. syan48306 macrumors 6502a

syan48306

You're not alone. Even in the States, they just got around to putting up displays. Over the last week, they said they sold at most like 2 rmbp. If you really wanted it, you would have ordered it online the moment it came out.

At least you know now. Same goes for the iPad and iPhone...

3. modelbehaviour macrumors 6502

I agree with the UK being a bit behind on the whole retina thing and I found it a bit frustrating, especially that my local store didnt have a display model at the weekend and I'm on a 3-4 week wait for mine to be delivered from the online store....but then I remember I'm fortunate enough to be in the position to afford a £1500 laptop when many people can't put food on the table, and life didn't seem so bad. :p

4. Lagmonster macrumors 6502

Yes and no. I kind of made it over the hump and am now waiting to see what the Anandtech review says. That said I know I will buy one... =(

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Isn't that a good thing? :confused:

For you, I mean.

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Experience has taught me that if I don't place my online order via Apple's store, the very moment they are first released, there's going to be quite a wait.

Therefore, as soon as I am aware of approx when the store is coming back up with the new models listed, I simply open a tab in my browser while doing other work, then continuously refresh it, till the store is online.

This year I feel quite certain I was amongst the very first group to place my order, just a few days later (Friday) my BTO order arrived at 10:05 AM.

Mine always comes FedEx, and in my area they are extremely reliable and on time.

7. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

yup. always easier to cancel the order or return an item than have to wait until who knows when.

I have never seen MBP's backordered at launch before. Good news for Apple.

8. Ishimaru macrumors 6502a

What pisses me off about their "business" orders is that I canceled my order that was 2-3 wait, because they told me it'd ship Monday and I'd get it Tuesday. It's almost 8pm here, and it's still processing, with 3-4 week wait. While I don't *need* it right now, having to wait an extra week or two is frustrating (only because they specifically it'd ship at a specific time, when it didn't).

9. IanGahagan macrumors member

Yeah I'm frustrated too, I ordered right after WWDC in my local apple education store and it STILL hasn't shipped yet. So I called the apple education rep and she said that my store wont be shipped any until the end of the fiscal year, which for my school is the 29th. stupidly complicated for paying 2600 bucks.:mad:

If there is one thing that I get out of this, it is more patience.:)

10. charlieroberts macrumors 6502a

charlieroberts

Jesus Christ...

OMG, the computer is one week old and the novelty has worn off? Is it too late to buy now? Better wait for the next revision, right? I won't pay todays prices for last week hardware...

Seriously. Have some freaking patience and wait a couple of weeks like a grown up. Good grief

11. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

While this won't help anyone now, it will next time you place an order.

I've found through experience that about the only way to insure fast, smooth order processing & fulfillment is to place a regular retail order via the Apple online store.

A few factors are critical.

1) As I've already mentioned you've got to place your order within the first few minutes after the store goes online.

2) The retail sales channel gets the highest priority, although Apple will vehemently deny it. I know this as fact, since I have eligibility to order via Business, Education, or Retail.

I've tried them all repeatedly, and the retail orders I place always arrive just 4 days after I place the order. An amazing statistic.

Like clockwork on the day of delivery they arrive FedEx within a 15 minute window between 9:50 & 10:05 AM.

Frankly each year I am amazed at the exemplary performance of both Apple & FedEx.

12. Vexed macrumors member

Frustrating. I would have ordered right when the store went up, but I went wit the general mantra that "it'll be in stores"... only for it not to be. I work, I can't just hang out when the Apple Store opens every day for the limited stock they've been having, so I gave up in ordered online... 3-4 week wait. :(

13. thatguy215 macrumors member

The gas money I spent going to the stores only to be told they are sold are could have went to upgrading the ram from 8gb to 16gb. :(

14. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

What is wrong with you people? You can't wait 30 days? Absolutely ridiculous, driving around trying to find a damn computer.

15. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Waited 8 hours to order after the store came back online, so I won't be receiving mine until the first week of July. Makes me a little sad, but hey, at least it's coming! :eek:

16. thatguy215 macrumors member

They told me they had it but sold out when I got there :(

17. DAVIDUGLY macrumors member

DAVIDUGLY

In the US we were able to just have a Best Buy clerk use their terminals to view all stock in each nearby location and place a call to hold one.
    Done deal with ease.

18. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

A saying comes to mind. Fool me once...

19. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Your harrowing tale nearly made me cry. My heart bleeds when I hear about your first world problems.

20. kukheart macrumors regular

kukheart

It is frustrating but will be well worth it, I'm picking mine up ship to store on July 20 the same day a certain Batman movie comes, that will be a glorious day indeed!

21. macduke Suspended

macduke

This is the dumbest thread I've ever read on MacRumors—and I've read a lot of really stupid threads.

If the novelty has already worn off only a week later, before you've even used it, then this is not the machine you're looking for. You don't need it. Don't waste your money.

It amazes me how people get sucked in by Apple's marketing machine. Are you really so incredibly gullible that you'd spend $2200+ on a new machine that you actually didn't even care to own until Apple said "Oh look, shiny!" and then change your mind the very next week? Ridiculous. No wonder the world economy is circling the drain.

And yes, I ordered one. But it was a well planned-out purchase, decided months in advance, and I'm also a professional user who will see actual benefit from this upgrade—specifically larger SSD, more ram, and retina display as I'm currently learning how to build retina ready websites for the next generation of the web. This is as close to a dream machine as I've ever seen for my personal and professional use. It hits about 95% of my needs (lacking eSATA—easily fixable with USB 3.0), and at least 80% of my wants. I'd prefer full workday battery, retina 1680, extra USB, and upgradable ram so I can go to 32GB later. But as it stands now it's still great.

22. eron macrumors 6502

Because the stores sold the displays.

23. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

What more could Apple want than people dying to throw their money at them? They're going to keep you waiting.

24. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

The Apple store in Manchester had them in last week, that could be worth a visit?

25. KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

My delivery is scheduled on 10-17th July. If you're fed up with waiting then no one's stopping you from canceling your order. My shipment might just arrive a few days earlier because of people like you :rolleyes: