Anybody Else Having Flash Quit Unexpectedly on them?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ceezy3000, Sep 15, 2009.

1. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

Well I was half way through watching a video when flash quit on me presumably. i got a screenshot of it. Any one else have this occur to them on SL?

Attached Files:

2. waffles123 macrumors regular

Your Mac was just getting back at you for watching a video about the Microsoft Zune. J/K.

No really, flash sucks. I recommend ClicktoFlash. It disables flash automagically and can automatically watch youtube videos in h.264 so your CPU won't die of a heart attack.

3. ceezy3000 thread starter macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

wow thanks! sounds pretty good

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

5. tarl macrumors newbie

Consider yourself lucky. In OS versions before SL, the Flash plugin would have crashed Safari completely. Now in SL it's walled off from the rest of Safari. Maybe if enough users see just how often Flash crashes, they will bang on Adobe door to write a better plugin.

6. arogge macrumors 65816

arogge

I found yet another company that doesn't seem to understand that if you're selling a product, don't lock out visitors who can't view Adobe Flash content. I saw what looked like an old option for text-only accessibility, but it now forces the user back to the Flash-only pages.

"This Web site requires Adobe Flash Player 9.0.124 or higher to display properly. Please download and install it here. Then refresh this page to try again."

The Adobe Flash performance was so bad in its waste of bandwidth and CPU cycles that it was banned by IT policy. Likewise, my phone can't view non-standard Websites because it only understands HTML and other text-based formats. This means that anyone trying to convert HTML to Flash will not be able to deliver their content to me.

Maybe I will try this ClicktoFlash software.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

it beachballs my safari completely

8. mac2x macrumors 65816

I have never had problems with Flash....this thread's got me really confused. :confused: Although I hate websites that are done in Flash, because they eat up network bandwidth.