Anybody else in Middle TN expecting a 3G??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mike808ec, Apr 30, 2010.

1. mike808ec macrumors newbie

Logged in at lunch time to check FedEx. Expecting to see "Out for Delivery"

My iPad was in Nashville last night. Usually when a package shows up in Nashville, the next day 2 new lines are on the Fedex tracking page...1 saying the package has arrived at the local center, and the 2nd saying "Out for Delivery"...

This is what I saw when I checked it about an hour ago...

All shipment travel activity is displayed in local time for the location Date/Time Activity Location Details
    Apr 30, 2010 9:06 AM Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
    Apr 29, 2010 11:35 AM At dest sort facility NASHVILLE, TN
    Apr 29, 2010 11:00 AM Left FedEx origin facility MOUNT JULIET, TN
    Apr 29, 2010 6:00 AM Picked up NASHVILLE, TN
    Apr 29, 2010 4:13 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx

It's in reverse order, so it shows that my iPad was sent to Memphis last night...

When I called FedEX, they said that Apple screwed up, since all packages have to go through a central hub (Nearest one being Memphis), and since the package originate in Nashville, it should have been sent out a day sooner so that it could go to the Memphis hub and back to Nashville???

When I called Apple, they said they have a contract with FedEx that states my iPad will be delivered by 4:30 today, and that my iPad is "on route" to my location...

I just have a bad feeling I'm not going to see my iPad until Monday, and I took the afternoon off to get it (FedEx never delivers to my door before 4:00, and it's usually between 5:00 & 6:00 PM) so I figured I didn't have to lose any more than the afternoon

I'm hoping someone else has some insight into how FedEx works, and how their website is wrong!!!!

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Seems like the Apple phone rep is just spouting a standard line, but I've been in situations, with an Apple product no less, where the package missed a scan but was still on the delivery truck. So, annoying as it is, seems like all you can do is wait it out.

Is this express or ground? If its express and they do make an attempt today you can pick it up at the station tomorrow. Also, if it turns out they did screw up I would call Apple and explain the situation and ask them if they will call FedEx up so you can p/u at the station if it's available.

3. Minker17 macrumors newbie

In the Brentwood area and am expecting 2. Still haven't gotten anything.

4. mike808ec thread starter macrumors newbie

Fedex website has been updated...

iPad left Memphis @ 2:17 this afternoon...

So much for the hoped for miss-scan...

Memphis is over 3 hours away, and that's driving straight through without any stops. There is no way it's going to be delivered today...

I'm trying not to be angry, it's only a thing...

It's still frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. MrFuzz macrumors newbie

Saw one delivered here in our office in Brentwood today

6. mike808ec thread starter macrumors newbie

Chupa Chupa: I went with free shipping, but it was upgraded to priority a week or so ago.

I called Apple to complain. I'm not sure what I expected, but figured I had to vent.

Was told, Fedex can deliver up til 7:30 PM local time, and that it would be delivered tonight.

I don't mean to be a doubting Thomas, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I wouldn't like it, but I would rather be told "Nope, we screwed up, you'll get it Monday", than to get this run around. Had they taken responsibility this afternoon, I would have been mad, but by tonight, I would have calmed down. Now, if it doesn't come in, I'll be stewing all weekend.

Anybody in Middle TN, (outside the greater Nashville area) get their iPad today??

7. arholmes macrumors newbie

I am just a few hours down the road in Eastern Tn and Fedex delivered my Ipad at 1:30 this evening. Was to be delivered before 4:30.

8. Tom Sawyer macrumors 6502a

Tom Sawyer

On a whim, I decided to swing by the Best Buy on Charlotte, probably around 4:30 or so... and asked if they had any 3G's. They had 5, and I ended up #1 on the list! A number of people showed up right afterward and got on the list with a couple saying that there was quite a long line at the :apple: store.

I feel pretty lucky indeed! :D