Anybody else like their 17" macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by FnM, Mar 18, 2016.

1. FnM macrumors newbie

I just bought a used 17" macbook pro. I'm really impressed with it so far. Hard to believe it's late 2011 and already five years old. I'm impressed with the performance and build quality. I was scrounging eBay for one, but they were so dang expensive. Got real lucky on CL and got one for dirt cheap. I don't think I could buy a laptop of this quality new any where for what I got it for. i7, 6770m, even was upgrade with a SSD..then a secondary HD. I really can't believe how beautiful the 1080p screen is on a 5 year old laptop.

Everything out there is plastic junk for the most part in the 17 inch windows crowd. Do you guys wish Apple made the 17 inch still? Or would it be too niche of a product because of the price?

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Just FYI there's a subforum specific to the MacbookPro over here: http://forums.macrumors.com/forums/macbook-pro.90/

While you're certainly free to post wherever you wish, you'll likely find more MacbookPro 17" owners over in that forum rather than here where the folks tend to be owners of either the newer 12" Macbook or the classic Macbooks.

3. IowaLynn macrumors 6502a

IowaLynn

Two friends had one. Too heavy for commuting and on site with clients, one had to b replaced. 2011 intro'd SATA III and other features that have improved.

The rMB is beautiful to admire and use. Wifi and better SSD 'blade' form factor. No fan so total silence.

rMB can be bought ref'd from Apple and BB and B&H had them on sale for $899 maybe in attempt to clear out inventory in hopes of 2016 refresh.

When home I connect to inexpensive $150 24" monitor otherwise rMB at under 2lbs is like a tablet almost only with 8GB and 450MB/sec storage and comes with 10.11.3. The 2010 models reached EOL on support.