anybody else notice music stuttering on playback

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tfannon, Jul 27, 2012.

1. tfannon macrumors newbie

I have some music on the primary SSD. I notice that when I am doing some light work the music playback seems to stutter a bit. I notice this with both iTunes and VLC.

I also notice it when both the integrated and the discrete cards are in use.

It's a little disconcerting given the machine should have plenty of power to do mp3 playback.

2. spike29 macrumors member

is it happening for:
    1) just 1 song
    2) just the album or
    3) EVERYTHING!!!

does it happen when you play youtube videos or another types of videos? ;) <3

3. phisiker macrumors newbie

I've had it happen a few times and I usually have to pause all audio currently playing before it stops. I have found that each time this happens is when the macbook is not on a hard surface and so tends to be hotter than normal as fans may not be working as well. However I'm not positive if this is the problem or not

4. plainofjars macrumors newbie

I have experienced this too on my rMBP running ML. The audio was playing from the ssd and the only process running besides a couple of Safari tabs was an app store download. Environmental temps were warm but by no means extreme.

Sorry I can't offer further details but wanted to corroborate the observation.

5. mdapple macrumors regular

never happened to me and i listened to music for 6 hours straight yesterday

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Likely your system is busy with another task, SSD`s are phenomenally fast, equally they can be over loaded; indexing, Time-machine etc what is the spec of your system